Open_basedir

Discussion & Help for all web coding and scripting. Some languages include PHP, Ruby, Perl, XHTML, CSS, Javascript and XML.

Open_basedir

Postby Game0ver » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 am

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/gameover/public_html/Game0ver/outwar/Raidbar/mult.php on line 133

^ how can i get thru this. im guessing i need the open_basedir to be disable but have no idea how to do it.
Game0ver
New around here

Re: Open_basedir

Postby Max » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:57 am

Safe mode is not on, however open_basedir is set (as it must be in any shared hosting setting). What exactly are you trying to do / what does your script do? It is extremely uncommon for this to be a problem, since this is basically the environment of every single webhost.
Max
Administrator

Postby Game0ver » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:22 am

that its meant to show 5 captcha's. should look like it is in the link below

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/58491012f.jpg/

When captchas load it should look like that ^, due to the open_basedir its not allowing the captchas to show at all and gives me the error posted in the 1st post.
Game0ver
New around here

Postby Max » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:25 am

What do you mean show 5 captchas? Captchas of what? Where are they taken from? For what purpose? Where did you get the script from? What is it meant to achieve?
Max
Administrator

Postby Game0ver » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:30 am

when i asked for a hosting i specifically said for gaming, so im not sure if you looked at the image of the link i post, but the captchas are used to join the Accounts into a god raid in the game. This was made to achieve to join accounts faster in raids. I have a couple other people using this same host and are able to see the captchas in their site so im not too sure why im having this issue
Game0ver
New around here

Postby Max » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:47 am

If someone else is using the exact script that you are successfully on the server, there should be no reason why you cannot use it as well. I suggest asking them and verifying with them what exactly/how they set it up.

I am not sure what else I can say without knowing exactly how the script works, but as it seems it is not a commonly used script nor does it even run any sort of a website, we can't provide any specific support for it working properly.
Max
Administrator

Postby darren910 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:21 am

well in the link posted earlier it shows u whats meant to happen
darren910
New around here

Postby Max » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:56 am

That does not help in any way.
Max
Administrator