How To: Request Hosting

Request free web-hosting here.

How To: Request Hosting

Postby Max » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:03 am

Instructions
Please read these instructions very carefully. Take the following steps to request hosting:
  1. Read the Free Hosting Packs thread and all information contained within.
  2. Look at the template below for a hosting request, and understand what information you need to convey to us.
  3. Read the list just below this one, which tells you limitations on the things you can request.
  4. Make a new thread in this forum, use the template (copy-paste), and change all the template information in bold to the values you desire.
  5. If you are requesting any pack bigger than pack 1, you need to provide a reason why you need those extra resources
  6. There are examples of what an application should look like down the bottom, so check them out for good measure before posting yours.
Failure to follow these steps exactly will result in the delay of your request.

Things you need to know:
  • You must state at least your real first name.
  • Usernames must be between 3 and 8 characters in length, inclusive, and they must be alphanumeric (letters and numbers only).
  • A password will be automatically generated, and PMed to you.
  • Provide us your real, working email address. Important notifications about outages and planned maintenance may be sent to it, so get it right!
  • Please type your email address in the template format, unless you want to receive lots of spam from spambots which lurk forums, looking for public emails.
  • You have a choice of using either a Liway subdomain or your own domain for your hosting account.
  • Liway provides subdomains with .com, .net and .info extensions (ie. yourname.liway.net).
  • If you choose to use your own domain, it is your responsibility to register it (if you do not own it already) and point it to our nameservers. We do not provide free top-level domains.
  • Usernames and subdomains cannot begin with a number

Application Template
I would like to request hosting.

My name is [ Real Name ]
My email address is [ Real AT email DOT address ]
I would like to use the domain [ Either a yourname.liway.extension or yourdomain.extension ]
I would like the username [ 3-8 character username ]
I require the hosting plan Pack X
Where did you find out about us? [ Brief Answer ]
My website is about:
[ Brief Description ]

I have read the Terms and Conditions and I agree to follow them: Yes / No
I have read the Unacceptable Use Policy in the link below, and I agree to follow it: : Yes / No

Thank You

Sample Applications

My name is Max
My email address is [ starcraftmazter AT gmail DOT com ]
I would like the username scm
I would like to use the domain starcraftmazter.net
I require the hosting plan Pack 1
My website is about:
Personal blog, and some images.

I have read the Terms and Conditions and I agree to follow them: Yes
I have read the Unacceptable Use Policy in the link below, and I agree to follow it: : Yes

Thank You

My name is Tom
My email address is [ tom AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk ]
I would like the username tom88
I would like to use the domain rabbits.liway.info
I require the hosting plan Pack 2, as I need to host a large amount of rabbit images.
My website is about:
Website about rabbits and their health.

I have read the Terms and Conditions and I agree to follow them: Yes
I have read the Unacceptable Use Policy in the link below, and I agree to follow it: : Yes

Thank You

After getting your account
  • If you are not familiar with hosting, then read about how you can access your account here.
  • Your username will always be all lowercase.
  • Take care to not copy over any whitespace before and/or after your password
Max
Administrator

Return to Request Hosting