One more question

Obtain support and get your questions answered here.

One more question

Postby jimmybond » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:52 am

I have checked visitor logs from my CDN provider and apache raw log file from cpanel, but didn't find any sign of attack except normal visits. The only data is the bandwidth record in Cpanel showed a 15GB this month which is significantly higher than normal. But the problem is how this attack was performed and where did the attack come from? Do you have any idea or further detailed insight about it? Many thanks in advance for your time and kind help.

Best Regards,
Jimmy
jimmybond
New around here

Re: One more question

Postby Max » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi.

I do not, and I'm not sure if it was an attack rather than just a lot of traffic. You can check the access logs in cPanel to see the requests made to your site.
Max
Administrator

Postby jimmybond » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:45 am

Thank you for the advice. But if it was merely a high volume traffic why there was not any record about it from my CDN's log? (it's a cloudflare-like reverse proxy CDN),then that high load is not due to my account? but my account was auto suspended by a monitoring script,is that so? I'll check access logs later for some more info.
jimmybond
New around here

Postby Max » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:40 pm

No, I suspended it manually because I could see the requests coming in to your account (and there were a lot of them) - as noted here: viewtopic.php?p=6861#p6861
Max
Administrator

Return to Support & Questions