Mailiman and cPanel are unavailable?

Obtain support and get your questions answered here.

Mailiman and cPanel are unavailable?

Postby jfairbrass » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi there, Liway are kindly hosting a small Mailman list for me. Since around today, it seems to be unavailable - I can't reach the Mailman admin pages, nor can I log into the cPanel site at http://www.liway.com:2082. And the name server at ns1.liway.com also seems to be down as far as I can tell.

At http://www.liway.com there is a message saying the website is down for redesign. Is this the reason that Mailman/cPanel is also unavailable? If so, is there an indication of how long it will be down, so I know when I can try again?

Thanks!
jfairbrass
New around here

Re: Mailiman and cPanel are unavailable?

Postby Max » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:48 am

Hi

Perhaps your is one of the accounts that has been suspended in our hunt for inactive accounts. Can I ask what your cPanel username is?
Max
Administrator

Postby jfairbrass » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:21 am

Sure thing - it's 'fusion'. I'm using the Mailman list on a regular basis though. :P
jfairbrass
New around here

Postby Max » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Ah sorry about that, it seems your account was totally terminated because there was no obvious use (in terms of files or cPanel logins). We don't typically check mailman for this since it's so rarely used (in fact you may well be the only person on the server who used it).

I can re-create your account if you like. Do you have backups of whatever you had? If not, let me know the names of the lists and any other relevant names/labels and I may be able to dig them up for you on the server (as I don't believe cPanel properly removes them).
Max
Administrator

Postby jfairbrass » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Oh dear! Yes, if you could kindly recover them from backup, it would be greatly appreciated. I didn't have a backup of the list at all.

There was just one list: everyone@fusion.ibcstuttgart.de

Do you need any further details?

I hope you might be able to fully recover the whole list, including the membership details and other settings. :)

Is there any way that I can be informed in the future of changes that might affect the list? Eg. a mailing list that you have, or something?
jfairbrass
New around here

Postby Max » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:32 am

I will make a note of your account so that it won't happen again.
Max
Administrator

Postby Max » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:53 am

So in terms of recovery, I'm not entirely sure everything is there, but let's see what I can do.

I took the big file of emails and using a fair bit of bash extracted every unique email there, there's about 782 - does that sound correct? I will PM you the list. Can't guarantee that's all of them though.
Max
Administrator

Return to Support & Questions