Need assistance with removing website

Obtain support and get your questions answered here.

Need assistance with removing website

Postby andrew » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:33 am

Hello all!

My name is Andrew. I am actually a returning member and I have been away for quite a while. I believe sometime around the year 2006-2007 (if I'm not mistaken) I joined this website (Liway) and its respective forum after another website that allowed people free web domains was shut down. This site was called Arroways and once it closed I registered here at Liway after hearing about what wonderful services they provided. I was very pleased. My site was about graphic design/animation because at that phase of my life I had aspirations of being an artist. For better or for worse, those goals have now faded and I am now pursuing other interests. The website had moreorless faded from my memory but it was recently brought to my attention by one of my friends that the site was still online. For that reason, I was wondering if anybody could help me take down my website.

The URL for the website in question is as follows:

unparalleled-perspective.liway.com

I have tried to shut down the site myself several times over the years but it appears my old account may have been de-activated after years of not using it. I am also prepared to produce any information if verification is necessary that I am indeed the person that created this old website.

Andrew
andrew
New around here

Re: Need assistance with removing website

Postby Max » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Hey there

I can confirm it's your account due to matching emails, so it's no problem. I have removed your website now, good luck with your future endeavours :)

Cheers
Max
Administrator

Postby andrew » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi Max,

I'd like to thank you so much for taking the time to remove the website.

Is the website completely down and completely off the internet? The reason I ask is that I'm going to be applying to different schools in a while and I've heard that these colleges often will search online for things regarding their applicant. It's not that I believe them seeing that I once had an interest in graphic design will ruin my chances for admission, but my concern was that if they were to see it then they would ask me about it during a possible admissions interview and I wouldn't know what to say regarding the website and my old goals regarding why I wanted to do art/animation and why I gave up and changed my goals.

If the site is completely down and off the internet though, then I thank you.

Andrew

p.s.

since my initial, I ran a search filter on my email (which as you say, was the same email originally used to obtain the website) and found a bunch of old emails regarding things like 'Cpanel Backups' and things like that, which could also be used to confirm its my old site (and then I could maybe forward you those emails). But if the matching emails alone are sufficient then thank you. Thank you so much actually because this has been much easier than trying to delete my old myspace, which I'm finding to be virtually impossible.
andrew
New around here

Postby Max » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:37 am

Yes, social networks are a disaster.

Yes, your account is completely gone. However you may want to do a google search for anything on there which had your name - google doesn't instantly remove their results cache (or whatever you want to call it), however you can contact them to have it removed quickly if the underlying website no longer exists (as it doesn't now in this case).
Max
Administrator

Postby andrew » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Sorry for the week or so late response, the new semester just started and things have been a little hectic. I've done a google search and theres still residual links left over but they go absolutely no where, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

The removal of this site is just one less thing for me to worry about now and I wanna thank you Max for your swift response and for being a great deal of help.

All the best,
Andrew
andrew
New around here

Postby Max » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:25 am

No problem.
Max
Administrator

Return to Support & Questions