Moving to new server in the coming 1-2 months

Discuss Liway's services and suggest improvements here.

Moving to new server in the coming 1-2 months

Postby Max » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:56 am

Hello all

We are moving to a new server in the coming months.

I've sent an email around, and am looking for people to let me know their account is still active, in order to determine what should be migrated. Depending on the technical limitations, users might need to perform some manual work moving things - so please stay tuned!

Max
Max
Administrator

Re: Moving to new server in the coming 1-2 months

Postby anggit » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:06 pm

Stay tuned. Worried :D
anggit

Postby Max » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:23 am

Today I've suspended all accounts, the owners of which haven't replied to my migration email. If those accounts are still being used, hopefully this will encourage those users to come forward and make themselves known.

For the people who have replied, the next step I am taking will be to create accounts for them on the new server. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to automatically migrate accounts over, so it will be left up to the account holders to migrate their website data across.

If you need help with transferring some particularly large sets of files or databases, then let me know. However my time is quite limited, so I can't guarantee any timeframes.
Max
Administrator

Postby Max » Tue May 22, 2018 2:24 pm

Just an update, I have now suspended every account on the old server (with 2 exceptions for people who need more time for one reason or another).

The server is being decommissioned on the 15th of June, so if anyone is still left and hasn't migrated, I would urge you to get in touch with me ASAP.
Max
Administrator

Return to Services Discussion & Suggestions