Recent Changes

All news regarding Liway can be found here.

Recent Changes

Postby Max » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:06 am

There have been a number of very recent changes to the server.

First of all, a the resources we now have available have been significantly increased, with double the memory, 25% more CPU power as well as extra space and bandwidth for a growing customer base.

Second of all, PHP has been updated to version 5.3.0 (I don't know who else has been looking forward to this release, but I've personally been going crazy over late static bindings), and I also fixed the PDO issues. This means that Magneto or other scripts using MySQL with PDO should work correctly now.

Third of all, PostgreSQL 8.4.0 is now available for use, as is the PDO extension for PostgresSQL. You will find utilities for it in cPanel.

There is of course also our move to phpBB3 (finally). Over the next few weeks we will be making sure that everything is working correctly and that the new points system works. During this time, nobody will be charged for their hosting in points. We will let users know when the charging begins. (No points for the foreseeable future)

Currently the most important thing for existing users is to let us know your hosting details so that we may move you over to the new system. Failure to do this will result in your account being suspended, and eventually terminated.
Max
Administrator

Return to Announcements