Be Prepared to Talk Back at Best Buy

Discuss topics such as computing, gadgets, hardware & software, internet and all other technological matters.

Be Prepared to Talk Back at Best Buy

Postby DaveBusey » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:11 am

I know that there are already several good threads about Windows 7 in the Technology forum. However, this smear campaign by Microsoft deserves a page of its own. "Scare" the customers into preferring Win7 over any Linux is the tactic. It has now moved into the salesroom. Check out this "education" misrepresentation lesson for salespersons.

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/09/microsoft-teaches-best-buy-employees-how-to-troll-linux-users.ars
DaveBusey
New around here

Re: Be Prepared to Talk Back at Best Buy

Postby Max » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:43 am

Seen it, pretty hilarious.

Here's my response:

Max
Administrator

Postby DaveBusey » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:26 am

That's the perfect comeback. Maybe Win7 will be as warmly received as Vista was. Ha, Ha. :lol:
DaveBusey
New around here

Postby Max » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:37 am

Unfortunately I think it will be as I feared for a very long time now. They release a crappy OS, nobody likes it, then they spend years fixing it up, and re-release it as a "new" OS, and everyone likes it relative to the previous one (Vista).

So they set the standard very low with Vista, fixed it, rebranded as 7, and of course compared to Vista it looks good since Vista was such an epic failure.
Max
Administrator

Postby danielches » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:55 am

well that article is just yeah.........
like i knew microsoft was low, but low enough to churn out complete crap like that and act as if it is the truth........
just wow.....
and surely there not allowed to do that, like if a linux distro, or apple made some official slides, containing blatant lies about windows, im pretty sure ms would take them to court or something over it.....
danielches
Global Moderator

Postby Max » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:34 am

Problem is, the GNU Foundation doesn't have the money to hire those kinds of lawyers.
Max
Administrator

Postby SAMGT » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:44 pm

Hahaha, nice response Max. I can't stand how Microsoft lies like this. Remember that "Get the Facts" thing they were doing and they claimed that IE was more secure and faster than Firefox?
SAMGT
New around here

Postby Max » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:41 pm

To follow up on that, in case anyone hasn't heard, what they did to inflate the cost of linux figures, is bundle linux with ridiculously expensive industry grade computers, while put windows on several year old consumer level hardware.
Max
Administrator

Return to Technology